What is the best time of year to refinish hardwood floors?
This article was originally posted on: https://www.portlandwoodrefinishing.com/what-is-the-best-time-of-year-to-refinish-hardwood-floors
The best time to refinish hardwood floors
We all want to build our dream house because that keeps us feeling fulfilled and living comfortably. And everyone will agree that every home needs to be well maintained because that is where we get protected from different types of weather. It should be taken care of by checking for any part that needs some repair. That is one way of prolonging its lifespan.
For those people who have been living in a house for long years, it is necessary to consider wood floor refinishing because we all know that our floor is the number one part of that house that is always in use. No time of the day that we never step on our floor, especially when we have special occasions where we invite many people inside our house.
Why do we need to refinish hardwood floor?
- Part of refinishing is of course, sanding the floor. That is when the floor becomes bright and looks new because it takes away all the dust and impurities that is making it look dull and old.
- Letting a professional do this job means that all those dents, scratches, and other minor damage to your floor will all be gone. There is a great possibility that it will look like how it was on day 1.
- That minor floor damage is like an opening portal for those pests like termites, ants, etc., that can ruin the wood. Refinishing can protect it from letting them enter through its layer.
- Refinishing a hardwood floor is less expensive than replacing those floors with a new one.
- It can increase its home value. Having a well-maintained home can impress any guests, and whether we admit it or not, it makes us feel happy for doing a great job. And for those people who plan to put their house on the market, refinishing the floor is a great way to attract buyers without spending too much.
What is the best time of year to refinish hardwood floors? The ideal time of the year to do it is during fall or spring. Because that is the time that the temperature is a little bit neutral, we can easily open our windows and door to let all the dust and smell out of the house. But it all depends on every situation. You can’t just wait for those seasons just to have it if you are in a hurry.